Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Some Curly's Birthday This Has Turned Out To Be

First, the landlord has to start demolishing the balcony, today, so Curly doesn't get to hang out in his Favorite Spot in His Known World.

Then...

Son of a motherless goat. I hate that shit.

I think I understand her reasons, though... and I suspect they go far beyond this one incident. The vibe was there*, and who knows what the new management team @ WKRN plans to do with the whole "experiment," anyway?

"What lesson were we to have learned?" I'll tell you, you thick-skulled simpleton: If you're liberal, don't fucking die, because some Cheetos-stained, hateful scumbag will write something nasty about you when you do. And it may be someone's job -- someone who's very much your ideological sibling -- to point out with as little vitriol as one can possibly muster, that someone wrote that vile shit about you.

I feel bad that I even brought it up. But knowing how seriously Brittney approached her job, I'm sure she saw it in her newsfeed long before that. Even on a weekend.

I miss her already. Best to ya, Blogdiva.

* Right after before that, I'd sent her an e-mail with a job opening. I hope she gets it, 'cause it sounds kickass, and she deserves to get a kickass job.

.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Curly! Give your person a big hug.

Jeff, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, the blogger. I read her story when you posted it earlier. That just sucks.

Take care.
ErinPDX

Anonymous said...

There are some right hateful people there, JP. And very retro - nobody flames like that any more, not in the big city.

I hope your referral pays off - because it should.
/GWPDA

Pen Ultimate said...

GWPDA -- The hell of it is that most of the uglier commenters came directly from our good friend Gen. J.C. Cristian's site. They didn't understand that Brittney was being quite snarky, and their mind was made up without bothering to see the hell she and her co-worker got last week from the local winger AM radio guy. I am seriously pissed... but I suspect the whole blog gig at WKRN is about to end, anyway. It sure didn't help any when J.C.C. asked people to e-mail folx at Vanderbilt (an NiT advertiser), et al, though. Assholes abound.
.

Anonymous said...

jp, ignorance and cruelty usually go hand in hand and it's worse when it involves an organized campaign. i'm sorry all the way around.

at the end of it all though, curly {MWAH} gets a new balcony and your friend ,hopefully, a new job with less exposure to barbarism.
good thoughts to all of you

Lynnster said...

I'm with you, brother. This day just sucked.

But it put a smile on my face that it's Curly's birthday. Happy Birthday, Curly!

PS Why is the landlord demolishing the balcony?

Post a Comment