Thursday, December 08, 2005

Peaceful On the Western Front

Fire! Fire!No war on Christmas at the Crack'Ho Barrel, nosirree-Bob. The musical selections were my first clue -- one Christmas carol after another, and even a very religiously-themed one, where a full 10% of the lyrical content involved Jesus, Christ, messiah or similar words. That one was a syrupy faux-country tune... go figure. I forgave them, as they also mixed in Johnny Cash's "Fulsom Prison Blues," and Bill Haley's "Rock Around The Clock."

I guess someone needs to let Bill Falafel know that there is a refuge for weary, hungry Christian warriors... and although they used to be anti-gay, apparently they've changed that tune. However, I hear O'Really prefers French cuisine, and the closest thang I could find on the menu was Mama's French Toast Breakfast (pictured at right). Of course, I ordered this in honor of The Falafel Man's winning of the Bronze, Silver & Gold in Olberman's "Worst In The World" competition (scroll down to "Bill O'Reilly Voted World's Worst by Keith Olberman (Again)"). I guess I'm just a softie, worrying that I'm not the only guy who's cracking up due to Christmas stress.

While we're on the "war," if you didn't see this, it's one of the funniest Jon Stewart bits in ages. While you're there, toss C&L a buck or two -- they provide an invaluable service, IMO.

But seeing as how it's such a lovely day here, I believe I'll take a nap, my belly now being packed with cholesterol and the love of our savior. I'll be back later, beer-in-hand... and probably with more Curly pix.
.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Wow -- haven't been around enough lately, and this place is sure lookin' spiffy!

Great post, too, although I gotta note FTR I think breakfast at Cracker Barrel sucks. Paper-thin eggs (I hate those, how do they DO that? Scramble 'em on an iron-topped plateau?) and pancakes that sit like lead in the tum.

But when we've written more Fitzmas carols, you can just sub the new words for what they're playing at Cracker Barrel. It might make the experience more enjoyable.

Nothing else to add. It seem folks appreciate it when other folks leave comments on their blogs, and so I've decided that it's OK to leave even stupid comments. It's the thought that counts. :D

--Silleigh, who can never remember her Blogger password at work

Pen Ultimate said...

I don't mind Christmas carols, really. But paper-thin eggs? That's not been my experience, but then, I only eat mine scrambled. Of course, no one makes scrambled eggs to my preferences except for me. :) I don't know that I've ever had Crack'Ho pancakes -- I eschew pancakes whenever french toast is available. :)
.

Post a Comment