Friday, January 27, 2006

Fun With The Cutout Filter

The ever delightful Charlotte Smith and I were having an exchange (here) about this photo of Curly, which got me to playin' around in Photoshop. Well, she liked one that I e-mailed to her so much, she made it her desktop. "Dammit, Jim!" thought I, "I should have saved the honkin' huge original file out of the camera!" Well, as it turns out (and I should have known... duh!), when you're using the cutout filter, image fidelity just doesn't make all that big a difference. I made the image above (click it if you want a 1024x768 version, suitable for your desktop) by scaling the 320x240 version of the photo to 1024x768, and then applying the filter.

Have a pet photo you'd like given this treatment? E-mail me w/the photo attached (and if you insist, if you feel guilty receiving gifts from bloggers, I'll put up a donation bucket to allow you to self-selectively soothe your torment). ;)
.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks J! Flattery will get you everywhere :D

And I may take you up on that offer with some Cody pics...

Pen Ultimate said...

charlotte -- Send 'em; I'll do 'em up right. :)
.

Post a Comment