Wednesday, May 24, 2006

OMG. O.M.G.

I cannot believe it. I am not worthy. I don't deserve y'all.

The good Dr. GWPDA went and did the unexplainable: She sent me a Compaq Presario V2000 notebook. This is a NICE notebook... actually, a VERY NICE notebook. Far nicer than my recently-departed Toshiba Satellite Celeron 1.73GHz notebook (and, it goes without saying, MILES beyond the Pentium I 90MHz Toshiba I've been using these last couple of weeks). It has built-in WiFi. It has a DVD-RW drive. It has a widescreen, hi-res display. It has built-in Firewire, media card reader and three USB ports. It has a bunch of RAM (384MB) and HDD space (80GB).


I feel like any words I use to try to express my gratitude will sound completely inadequate, given that a notebook has been my link to the outside world (I depend on a wireless connection at my landlord's, which uses my hardware, but he, of course, pays the monthly broadband bill, and allows me to use the connection for free), and especially in light of the fact of how generous GWPDA and dozens of Atriots have been to me in the past couple of years. I honestly feel as if I shouldn't have even mentioned my notebook problems, but I wanted to explain to everyone why I might not be online as frequently, so as not to worry anyone. But I probably shouldn't have mentioned that the old notebook didn't have USB, or that it was painfully slow (seriously -- Gmail took 3-5 minutes to open the inbox, and that was with a full-strength WiFi signal... but I probably should have kept all that to myself).

Now I know who the mysterious poster was who suggested that I "go home and check my doorstep" earlier this afternoon. ;) I owe you Big Time, GWPDA. Thank you. You're too good. What can I do to repay you, dear (assuming you don't need a guitar)?

23 comments :

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news, my friend, and I'm delighted it came by way of another of our good friends (no surprise there, eh?).

Diane

Anonymous said...

Cool!

I wonder if I accidentally mention I'm pony-less, GWPDA will send me one... ;-)

Pen Ultimate said...

NTodd -- I think Holden's the one to see about ponies. :)

I thought I tried to dissuade GWPDA from doing this last week (I lurked into a discussion where she listed me as one of the recipients of proposed and overwhelming generosity), but since she is 104, I guess there's no telling her what to do. :) Dang. I cannot believe this.
.

Anonymous said...

way cool.

i wonder if i can talk someone into getting me a high end digital camera.

it will have to be better than eli's or ntodd's of course.

congrats dude. and GWPDA your the best.

Anonymous said...

Very cool indeed.

Anonymous said...

GWPDA was generous when she was poor & unemployed -- give her a settlement & a job & LOOK OUT!

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised - Auntie GWPDA is the most generous, big hearted, wonderful woman.

She is an angel.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo Jeffraham! I am so happy for you! Congratulations!

Wow, many many thanks to GWPDA!

The Atriots are a really amazing bunch.

Anonymous said...

An amazing bit of generosity from GWPDA.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so cool!
Congrats Jeffraham and is GWPDA the coolest centenarian or what?

Anonymous said...

And here I was, thinking she was too generous for comping the postage on a box of her delicious oranges she sent to me.

See, this is what happens when good, decent people get together.

Congrats on the new machine, and to our beloved GWPDA, bless you!

Anonymous said...

I would like a nice shiny new beaux. I wonder if GWPDA can help.

Seriously: the generosity of Atriots -- financial, emotional, and otherwise -- never ceases to amaze me.

Anonymous said...

GWPDA rulz!!

Anonymous said...

What a great thing for the Great GWPDA to do!

Anonymous said...

oh, almost forgot...


CURLY!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, Jeffraham!!!

Auntie GWPDA rocks!!

But you DO deserve good things to happen to you. Hope this is the beginning of many more good things to come your way. Actually, it may help more than you know to keep in touch with people who may pass on good suggestions that will help you out.

Selfishly, I'm looking forward to more CURLY!!!

Pen Ultimate said...

Sandy-LA 90034 -- More Curly is most assuredly on the way! This notebook not only has 3 USB ports, but also a media card reader and a multi-purpose optical drive (which reads and writes DVDs and CDs!). I have many ways to bring t3e Curly, now!!
.

Anonymous said...

This is so wonderful--you know, I was going to make a joke about not letting Curly sit on the notebook (and crushing it), but it's just too heartwarming.

Thanks to GWPDA from all of us Jeff and Curly fans!

Anonymous said...

How delicious! And what a wonderful gift!

Anonymous said...

jeff...im elated for you...you deserve it pal and the irate scholar,there is nobody kinder!!
love
sittenpretty

Anonymous said...

Delightful indeed. I am happy for you JP.
GWPDA you are the best. :)

Anonymous said...

And as res said abt Atriots.. a bunch of fine fine people. :)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful, and so generous. This is a shot in the arm to all Atriots who have been experiencing a certain malaise lately. A nice reminder of the goodness in our lives...such cool people Atriots are.

Post a Comment