Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Another Couple of Flood Photos

The front entrance sign, taken @ 3:15 p.m., today. Really, about where it was at 10 a.m. yesterday morning, but the water is receding instead of rising. Richland Creek @ Robertson Ave was smooth as glass, still very high, but not the whitecapped scary scene it was Sunday night. Houses all around it were open, with tons of waterlogged belongings being dragged into yards.

Backing up a bit, you see some more of those globe lights, the tops of which are ~8' high.

My scooter buddy's subdivision, a little more than a mile from my place. Unfortunately, quite downhill from where I am. He had photos of him and a neighbor canoeing around their backyards on Sunday. I hope they have a place to stay -- I offered, but he thought they were okay.
.

No comments :

Post a Comment