Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Helluva Good Time!

Yes, we did! Ivy wasn't able to be there until about 7:30, but it wasn't like I was just chompin' at the bit to get in to hear any of the five bands which, quite honestly, I knew nothing about. I had an idea it would be local country and/or Americana acts, which can hit or miss with me, of course. My bigger concern was that Ivy would have no place to park. I had it worked out -- I'd brought a second helmet, in case we had time for a ride. Even if she had to park a couple of miles away, we were good -- the Loveless rarely runs out of reserved motorcycle parking. :)

As I'm typing this, I'm watching the stream embedded below, and hearing for the first time the band Milk Drive. Pretty damned interesting, IMO. Would like to get barndog's thoughts, and bluesman's, too.


As the show was winding down, Ivy took me up on the proffered ride down the Trace. We rode down to the spot where I got the one awesome ESS web site shot a few springs back, and then headed back so she could arrive home at a reasonable hour on a "school night." Bad Penny wallowed like a pig through the curves with a 2-up riding configuration, so I really had to take it easy; it's likely just my relative inexperience with a passenger. Ivy leaned into the turns just fine, and only caused me millisecondary panic when she suddenly shifted from one side to the other to better hear me, and when she was trying to tell me about "losing something" -- which turned out to be the foot peg, which had somehow retracted on the return trip (easily resolved).

So, we had a great time. Ivy was pretty jazzed about some of the photos I took, and I was just really happy to see a friend who has been through a lot of changes and I had not seen in about two years. It was a good night out, and I hope we can do it again, very soon!

Thanks again to Griffin Technologies for getting this ball rolling. That was pretty awesome of yas. And for you locals, this is a $10 show every Wednesday night, with incredible food and drink available... just get there early so you get a place to park. I feel really fortunate to live just a few miles from this amazing venue, and I hope I get the chance to see Sarah Siskind play there this year (ohpleaseohpleaseohplease).
.

No comments :

Post a Comment