Friday, July 15, 2011

Yes, I Am Now An Affiliate For The Safe Cig

... and I'm not gonna BS with ya, 'cause I love almost everyone who bothers to come here. I've been using it for over a week, and I have not had a single urge to go buy a pack of overpriced, nasty-tasting, nasty-smelling cigarettes since my deluxe starter kit arrived. Nor have I bought or bummed cigarettes since. I also have not been on-edge, wanting to kill other human beings around me, annoying or not -- no withdrawal pangs, no anxiety.

That said, the FDA makes them say that they do not advertise or make the claim that this product is a smoking cessation product -- and neither do I! The fact that they can legally advertise a choice of six different levels of nicotine delivery is certainly in no way meant to confuse anyone into believing that one could reduce or eliminate one's dependence on cigarettes by using this product. All I'm doing is telling you my completely anecdotal story about how I started using The Safe Cig, and stopped buying Pall Malls -- not that the two are in any way connected! I am certain this was purely coincidental... just my time to quit smoking, I am sure! :)

In the photo above (click to enlarge), you see the major components of the system included in the "deluxe" starter kit from The Safe Cig:
  1. Assembled Safe Cig system, fully-charged, ready to use; slightly longer than a "king-size" cigarette, and ~4-5x heavier (it's got a battery, dood!) -- don't expect to be able to perch it in your lips on scooter rides, is what I'm sayin'...
  2. Spare Li-Ion battery (3 batteries included with the deluxe kit), fully-charged (important!)
  3. Spare refill cartridge (also important, but see my comments)
  4. USB battery charger (2 included with the deluxe kit) -- plugs into any powered USB port on a computer (probably not a hub, btw), or into one of the other charger attachments included with the deluxe kit: AC wall adapter or 12V charger for car or other vehicle (like a scooter!)
  5. AC adapter -- connects to USB battery charger, and plugs into wall for recharging. 100% recharges typically take about 2 hours on new batteries, no matter the method (and batteries ship with 80% charge so they can be instantly used).
Also pictured: "The Safe Case," which honestly is not that impressive (I'll go over that, later). Not pictured: 12V adapter, manuals, second USB charger and the other refill cartridges (10, total, in the deluxe kit).

The whole rig works best when the battery is fully-charged, and you have a relatively new recharge cartridge, but it is a pretty consistent experience until either the battery or the cartridge is running low. The battery will let you know when it is running out of juice -- its LED at the tip blinks eight times to say, "I need a recharge," and it certainly does. You will get nothing from drawing on a SafeCig system whose battery is dead, I assure you. When the cartridge starts running low, you'll notice a difference in taste, but we'll talk about that in the next installment.

Next post: The system in practical, everyday use.
.

No comments :

Post a Comment