Thursday, April 19, 2012

So Very Thankful

Back in the fall of 2011, I got into my 5th or 6th bout of getting up really early, and making my job looking for a job. I'd get up at 6:00-7:00 a.m., and spend at least until noon looking online, and making frequent trips to the TN Job Development Center in Metro Center (not far from me), as they had better leads there in person than online.

There's not a convenience store or retail gig I didn't apply for... I even thought I had the PetSmart gig in the bag, having shown the catblog to the person who introduced me to the store manager. But no.

What got me the job was the woman in the photo above. BadBadIvy. She's a force. And now, I can deny her nothing.

I was asked privately about the PayPal button. Yes, it will be going away as soon as the paychecks start rolling in, but today is Rent Day, again, and I have only $100 to last me until my first paycheck. So that's why the button is still there. It will go away Real Soon Now, though.

UPDATE: In fact, if anyone has spare airline miles or whatever and wants to send a cheap bouquet or even a simple postcard to Ms. Ivy, to let her know how awesome she is:

Ivy Hogan
c/o Severn Trent Environmental Services
700 Bon Aqua Drive
La Vergne, TN 37086
.

No comments :

Post a Comment