Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Oh Right. Heart Attack/CABG

Last Monday night, I started feeling poorly. I felt light-headed and dizzy for about 15 seconds, broke into a sweat, and had a fluttering feeling in my stomach. This came and went over the course of the next few hours. When I finally lay down to go to sleep, and could not, I decided that I could not ignore what could very possibly be a cardiac event.

Well that's exactly what it was. I called the ambulance, waited outside for them to arrive, and flagged them down. I walked into the back of the ambulance, lay down on the gurney and they connected EKG leads to my chest. At that point, one paramedic said to me, "Dude, you are in v-tach." Apparently he was quite surprised that I was even able to speak with him. The next words out of his mouth were, "We are going to stop your heart now." My reply was obviously, "You've gotta be shittin me."

Anyway, I'll get into it more later, but for you amateur cardiologists, here's the pre- and post-game results as of Saturday:

Echocardiogram Comments:
Pre-CPB
1) LV shows severe dysfunction with severe lateral and inferior
wall hypokinesis, EF 22%
2) Mitral valve shows some posterior leaflet restriction leading
to mild MR
3) Aortic valve is trileaflet with no stenosis or insufficiency
4) No TR noted.
5) No LAA thrombus or PFO noted.

Post-CPB
1) LV shows severe dysfunction with some improvement. EF now 30%.
Lateral and inferior wall remain severely hypokinetic.
2) Trivial MR present.
3) No new RWMA
4) No new valvular insufficiency
5) Aorta is intact post decannulation.

More to come...
.

No comments :

Post a Comment