Saturday, February 25, 2006

Mouth Full Of Feathers

It's hard to tell what that is on the end of Curly's paw (and in the foreground, in front of the pine tree trunk), but rest assured, those are feathers. Curly's would-be lunch escaped, apparently... and how he came this close to snagging a bird, I have no idea. I just heard a commotion on the balcony, and in the split-second it took for me to look over to see what was going on, all I saw was Curly leaning over the rail, and a small cloud of feathers floating around him.
.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

My guys, who only bird-watch from inside, are so jealous...

Pen Ultimate said...

lizzy -- I was shocked. I never dreamed he'd be able to get to one from the balcony. When I first moved in, I stayed outside with him the first few times, 'cause I wasn't entirely sure he had the good sense not to leap over the rail after an errant bird (I'm on the 3rd floor). After observing him for a while, it seemed reasonable to let him stay out there, unsupervised -- sure, he'd hit that rail pretty quick, sometimes... but he's always been sure-footed.

I suspect the bird actually perched on the rail, and Curly got a good shot at him, due to his hiding close to the inside "wall" of the rail.
.

Anonymous said...

Considering his fine state of wintertime tummy developmrnt, Curly could probably crush his prey by sitting on it.

(Just kidding!)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, si, the ones that got away...

(sigh)

so.

Anonymous said...

The bird was lucky! That time...

Post a Comment