Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Check Your Chicken

The poor kid above just had cradle cap, but... because of the suggestion that we might barter poultry for healthcare from U.S. senatorial candidate Sue Lowden, this kid's about to have his brain sucked out by the mutant chicken who's been hanging out in some radiology department for Christ-knows-how-long.

Ms. Lowden actually said:
Let's change the system and talk about what the possibilities are. I'm telling you that this works... you know, before we all started having health care, in the olden days, our grandparents, they would bring a chicken to the doctor. They would say "I'll paint your house."
I'll paint your house. No shit.

Patient: Uh, doc? I don't have any money. But I have a chicken. And, by the way, I'm a hell of a house painter.

Doctor: Well, my house's exterior is imported Italian stone, so it really doesn't need painting.

Patient: What about the interior?

Doctor: Do you have kids?

Patient: Uh... what?

Doctor: Do you have kids? I mean, YOU'RE not going to be able to paint the interior of my 8000 square-foot house when I need it in four years, not with this illness YOU have, and DEFINITELY not with the treatment that I am willing to give you for a mere promise of a paint job in four years.

Patient: Um...

The invisible hand of the free market just went up your ass to the elbow!
.

No comments :

Post a Comment