Thursday, November 09, 2006

Taking The Plunge... In A Good Way

... I think.

Hello, karma! :)

I've agreed, in principle, to trade my 1997 Mustang convertible for a 2005 Honda (?) Scooter that has under 500 miles on it, and gets 90 mpg. Top speed? 55 mph. Also, I just reinstated my driving privs -- turns out I was not under warrant. :) And... first offense for "failure to appear" on driving w/o insurance? $145. More than I wanted to part with, but not yet fatal, either. :)

I still will have to insure the scooter, and get a motorcycle endorsement on my license, but hey...

I have some work coming in, too... and a pretty fool-proof plan to keep it coming in. I'll explain in greater details later or tomorrow, once I have my own 'puter (I'm using one of NPL's right now). That's why no Curly pixels, (sorry!) but soon soon soon. The plan involves social networking (in meatspace... imagine that!), and I've already proven it to work in the last 24 hours, and is, in no small regard, relating to a lot of things I had to say, here. Briefly, I've made a social contact with an officer on the condos' HOA board, and volunteered to do us up a website, gratis. Now, I have an appointment next week to look at her computer, and maybe her Dad's, as well. :) It's amazing how much stuff can get done just starting with a smile, and a friendly greeting and a minute's small talk.

I've regained my confidence, and every one of you have inspired me to Make Sh!t (library's filter is good!) Happen Now. So... I am. Please be patient with me as I stay mainly offline for a while, just until I make a 180-degree change in my luck through better thoughtbonin' and prioritizing. ;) I won't be gone for good unless I get hit by a bus (a real danger these days!), or for long, and I'm thinking about you guys this whole entire time.

6 comments :

Aloysius said...

JEFFRAHAM!!!!

That's a wonderful read! Especially the "I've regained my confidence" part. That was the best. Keep us posted when you can.

Anonymous said...

JP:you're a fantastic human being. New hope for the democrats, new hopes for Jeffraham!

Bonne Chance

Plum P

Anonymous said...

Wish you all the best.
I turned things around years back, you can too.

grandefille said...

Good golly. Take back the Congress and look what happens!

Hee hee.

Dear sir, I'm kinda in tears reading your post. We are SO GLAD your spirits are back up and your prospects look like they should for someone of your sterling nature.

Keep on, bubba. Our prayers don't stop. (We will be adding some "thankyathankyathankya"s to the bulleted list by your name, however.)

Harry is staring out the window in y'all's direction and smiling. And purring. Tails will be waving soon.

Anonymous said...

Yay Jeffraham! (And Curly!) Sounds like all sorts of good things are within your grasp!! Claim 'em, JP, claim 'em.

(Oh, and get a helmet, too. Wouldn't want that brilliant thinkbone to take any bumps.)

Anonymous said...

Yes, get a helmet and WEAR it. Great post...take good care of you and Curly.

Post a Comment