- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium flour tortilla
- 2 oz diced tomatoes & green chiles (Aldi, Rotel); 1/5th can*
- 1 oz coarsely diced onion (~1/4" cubes)
- 1 oz. shredded cheese (Aldi Happy Farms Italian Style shredded, used here)
- 1 oz. black forest ham
- 1-2 sec. spray of canola oil (aerosol)
- pinch ea. of garlic & onion powder (optional, to taste)
- pinch ea. of red pepper seed and chili powder (optional, to taste)
- pinch ground black pepper (optional, to taste)
- 1/2 oz frozen corn (optional)
- Sprig of cilantro (coarsely chopped; optional)
Hold flour tortilla (8") under running water for 1 second, each side. Drain, & place on foil on top rack of oven/broiler. Place three slices of thinly-sliced black forest ham on tortilla, sprinkle cheese on top.
Reduce heat by ~30%. Crack and pan-scramble two large eggs in 8" saucepan containing tomato/chile mix, already reduced. There should be almost no liquid in the pan. Stir in raw diced onion, and garlic, onion and chili powders at this time. Turn on broiler to melt cheese and to toast tortilla very lightly.
Cook until eggs are set, then flip once, and reduce/discontinue heat. Do not brown egg mixture! Add ground black pepper (optional).
After 1 minute (or when done), remove egg mixture, and place on flour tortilla. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, then fold into taco shape and serve with sprig of cilantro. Can be served wrapped in foil square. Handy!
Serves one; 346 calories.